Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's not procrastinating when you're doing something that needs to get done as well::

I was just thinking about the Tech Challenge since it's almost over and how I really get into it. One of my top priorities for a job is that I need to be solving problems. I can't just be doing something that's the same every single day (I know that not many jobs are the same every day but you know..). But solving problems isn't just solving the global problems of the world or trying to figure out how to make a better device to fill sand bags -- actually, I'm not too sure about having a job where I need to make a better device to fill sand bags -- this problem solving criteria includes teaching since education solves the problems of the world. Or it can include writing. But I just don't see how something like making movies could do that. Now, I think that making documentaries or PSA's and doing something along with making these videos could solve problems and change the world but I don't see how creating, directing, or filmming a narrative (fiction) movie could change the world. I want to change the world. And I don't mean to say that what I don't want to do doesn't work work for ANYONE else in the world; that's stupid. Different things turn different people on. I'm just trying to find what turns me on and makes me want to do it ALL the time. I know it sounds corny, but I really do want to change the world. Now I'm debating whether to post this. Hmm.. whatever. I will. Now, I need to read history and see how people changed the world in the past. If only I wanted to read it... maybe if I do something fun afterwards... like uhhh eat ice cream? Eating ice creams fun... ha. Okay, after I finish reading this million page thing I get to eat ice cream. Eh, doesn't sound very appealing. Maybe I get to read a good book after I finish reading this. Yes, that's a good prize for finishing. Okay. This is dorky. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home