Sunday, June 04, 2006

We the People::

The Preamble::

We the People [of the United States], in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thank you, Mr. LaPlante, for engraining this into my mind. : )

I'm reading about the late 40's and 50's (for an Honors history seminar I'm taking this quarter) and I was reading about the fifth amendment on Wikipedia since it was mentioned numerous times in the first reading, Are You Now or Have You Ever Been?, which is transcripts of the hearings by the House UnAmerican Activities Committee on Americans (many actors from Hollywood) who were suspected of being communists. And then I went to the Wikipedia page about the US Constitution and found the Preamble and sang right along with it (my social studies teacher, Mr. LaPlante, replayed over and over again this song of the Preamble)!

I'm writing more about my readings for this history seminar if you want to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home