Monday, April 03, 2006

Back from Woodridge, Illinois::

I just got back from Illinois last night around 10ish. I had a great trip and I loved spending time with Rebecca and it was interesting seeing a kind of place that I've never been to in the US. Yes, it was interesting if you know what I mean... I figured since I forgot to get a mircophone until around 20 minutes before my parents and I had to leave for the airport last Wednesday that it was a sign and I really did want to spend my whole time filming for my documentary (my Girl Scout Gold Award project) and not actually DOING anything with Rebecca or anyone else. So, I didn't take a microphone and on the drive to the airport I took out the tripod b/c I figured I wouldn't be doing any interviews... hahah it was sort of freeing b/c I had so much STUFF. I still took my (well, my dad's) video camera and my nice NEW digital camera. I took lots of pictures with my camera, I can't exactly use most of them for my documentary b/c I would need premission slips from everyone, which I'm sort of sick of getting... but I know that they're needed because yeah, I do need permission from people if I can film them and show pictures and video of them to others. I'm going to put my pictures up on flickr and make a slideshow.

[NOTE: I am continuing this on 3/4/06 at 3:14pm] To recap and because I don't really want to reread what I wrote above, I had a great time seeing Rebecca and staying in a midwestern suburb for a couple days, but a couple of days was enough. That is, a couple of days staying in a midwestern suburb... a couple of days with Rebecca was so not enough. Fortunately, we're seeing each other in July in California!!! woohooo. Yes, I'm happy! My goal for July is to be able to have a whole conversation with Rebecca in German, who knows how long this conversation will be but it'll make sense! If you want to read a log of my trip to Woodridge, IL you'll have to find my journal in my room. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home